Bath tub inserts enable a user to have an easier time while taking a bath. This is especially useful for young children and the very old. It is very handy for disabled persons too. Tub inserts are usually easy to install with just a minimal number of bolts used and does not require any need to modify the tub. Thanks to Las Vegas Plumbing Repair for proving the following plumbing information.
What to look for in a bath tub insert
Choose bath tub inserts that are made from gel coat and is reinforced by fiberglass materials, can be installed by a single person without any fuss and without changing anything on the existing tub, exhibits a non-slip surface which is also soft and pliable for the user’s comfort, and a reasonable warranty which normally lasts from a year up to three years.
Instructions on installing the tub insert
1. First, check the tub insert kit if all the necessary components are present. Look at the tub’s bottom to ascertain that its drain gasket is in place.
2. Cleaned the whole bath tub assembly, including the shower unit with the use of a non-abrasive cleaning agent. After cleaning, make sure that the whole thing is dry before continuing the installation process. This is important since any moisture left may cause damage to the floor.
3. Fit the insert to find it if it fits properly. After testing if the insert fits, remove the insert. Apply silicone caulking to the shower drain’s upper part as well as the tub bottom’s gasket. Make sure that the bead of silicone which encircles the drain brass is at least half an inch.
4. With utmost care, gently place the tub insert on the shower unit by sliding it into place. Apply ample pressure to aid in setting the insert. Fill the tub with water, the water’s weight will help in putting the insert in place while the silicone is setting.
5. When the silicone has cured, it is time to drain the water. After draining, clean the tub and the insert using a mild cleaning agent as well as warm water. It is a strict no-no to use liquid abrasives or even scouring powder. Congratulations, you may now use your new bath tub!
Cleaning and maintenance
Again, it is important to keep in mind that you should not employ abrasive cleaners. This is because abrasive cleaners have the potential to scratch as well as dull the unit’s surface. It is advisable to use liquid detergents like Mr. Clean, Ajax, or Top Job. These cleaning agents that have been mentioned may be used for daily cleaning of the tub. Never use sa metal scraper, steel wool, or wire brushes because these tools can easily damage the whole setup. Periodically, you can scrub any mineral deposits or soap stains using gel gloss or even a dishwashing detergent. Waxing it periodically with a liquid wax can improve the luster and finish of the tub and insert.
If your bath is in any way damaged, you can easily have it repaired. Contact the nearest service center and ask for a professional repairman. If ever the services of a repairman is not available in your area, you can always contact the manufacturer of your bath tub insert as well as that of the tub itself. Repair kits can also be bought from the manufacturers or from do it yourself shops. Repair kits usually include a gel coat.
These are some of the pointers that you must consider when getting a tub insert as well as installing it. Instructions on cleaning and maintaining the whole setup is also included to add years to your bathroom components.